Thursday, August 19, 2010
Isn't that everyone's dream? To eat as much cake as you want and to be healthy?
Since I often get " yeah, your cakes are great, but the calories, ah...the calories..." I decided for a change to post something I call " a guilt free fruit cake", which is my answer to my husband's diet this year.
For the past 2 years he starts a diet around his birthday and this presents a real challenge for me in the cake front, but what can I say....the person who can challenge me beyond my imagination isn't born yet ! :-)
Most of you probably remember the post about the "cake" I made for him last year, when he didn't eat anything for 2 weeks( only tea and water). This year things were easy, HE EATS FRUIT!
So, voila- 2 tier cake out of fruit ONLY!
You will need:
2 cups blueberries
* you can use any fruit you have, that's just what I used today!
1 small VERY SHARP knife
1. Wash the watermelon, blueberries, kiwi and peaches thoroughly.
2. Cut 2 large thick slices of watermelon- one larger than the other. This will be your "tiers"
3. Cut the edges like a fan with the small sharp knife on the bottom " tier" of the cake, then repeat with the smaller top tier.
4. Arrange the fruit on top of the tiers.
I apologize for the lack of pictures during the process but I made it in a hurry in the morning before everyone woke up, so I had no time to take some.
As you can see, the cake looks good even in pieces! :-)
Enjoy and make the birthday of someone special around you even more fun with this guilt free and healthy cake!